Monday, September 7, 2015

Longest Week of My LIIIIIIIIIIFE! (Week 41)

Hola Todos! :)  Espero que hayas tenido una gran semana!

This week was great!

Throughout the weekdays we were kind of lost as what to do, but over the weekend we got a ton of stuff done!  :)  It was wonderful!  Saturday by far was probably the longest and most tiring day of my whole mission.  But I am so grateful for the hard work we put into it!

On Saturday, we started off at 7:30 AM at the Stake Center for Beautification day, to clean and prepare the building for Elder D. Todd Christopherson.  I'M SO EXCITED! :D  We cleaned every single nook and cranny, and the building is B-E-A-UTIFUL!!  Then right after that we had another service project to go to for the city of Rancho Santa Margarita.  It is an organization called "Zero Trash" and it is organized by the mayor of the city and Brother Shields who is in our ward, helps him.  Almost all the missionaries in our zone came to help! :)  We all split up across the city and a group of us went down beneath the huge bridge/highway and hiked up (It really was more of a hike than anything!)  and picked up garbage around the trails.  Brother Shields came with us and shared stories from his mission in Japan and we had a lot of fun.  :)  After the service project Sister Shumway and I had to contact 12 less actives within 2 hours before our temple tours that evening, and so we drove all over our area and in some way or another, contacted all of them and told them about Stake Conference. :)  It was great to be able to accomplish that and get it taken care of.  Then during Temple tours we had 2 tours, one was in Spanish, and I had been on my feet ALL day!  I was sooooo exhausted by the end of the night!  But it was a pleasant exhaustion! :) I felt accomplished and I felt like I was busy all day, and it was a wonderful feeling.  At times I am tempted to not push myself and to find an excuse for not going the extra mile, but now I truly see the blessings of it, and I never want to come short of that again!

We visited Lori Hume this week, whom is one of our investigators.  We had planned on sharing the message of the Restoration and it didn't go out as planned, but that is okay.  We ended up sharing two scriptures of encouragement because she has been struggling with a lot of trials the past couple of months.  She told us she needs a break from the lessons for a while, just until she gets back under her feet, but she is going to try to make it to church every Sunday, including this next Sunday for Stake Conference.  She is amazing and so selfless!  I truly admire her for the example she has set for us!  

​I am so excited and I feel soooooo blessed to be able to see D. Todd Christopherson! :D  WOOHOO! :)  I'm so excited!  I am really looking forward to Stake conference and ​the great council we will receive from it!  I can't wait to share with you guys what I learned from it!! :)

Whelp, that is pretty much it!  It was a wonderful week, and I am so pleased with our efforts and the things we did this week.  :)  

Thanks for your constant support that you bless us with and for being there for us when we need it! :)

Love you
​all so so 
s
​oooooo​
o much!

​Spanish of the Week:
Esta Despierto?
(S-ta-des-p-air-toe)
Are you awake?






No comments:

Post a Comment