Monday, September 28, 2015

Slurpee It Up! :D Hna. Rachel Duncan (Week 44/ 11th Month Mark)

 Hola Todos! :)

In honor of me hitting my 11th month mark tomorrow... (FREAK..)
I would like to share a scripture with you all!

And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
​(Alma 7:11)
Free Slurpee on me at 7/11! :D
Ha. Just kidding!

So.. I'M GETTING TRANFERRED! :D
Yay for transfers! I'm so excited! :) Can't wait to find out where I'm going!... I'm pretty sure I have an idea... But who knows, the Lord has a
​funny ​
sense of humor!
I have learned so much here in Live Oak Canyon! It truly has been a fun learning experience! I hope you
​all ​
know that I really am grateful to the Lord for giving me this humbling opportunity to serve in English work. At first I was disappointed and upset, because I wasn't called to serve in English work. But the Lord taught me a very important lesson.. He didn't JUST call me to Spanish... He called me to be a servant to him ALWAYS, no matter where I go or what language I speak. It was very humbling and I felt like I had a LOT to learn. And I did learn a lot! :) One of the greatest things I have learned since I have been out is being swallowed up in the Will of the Lord. I have made silly mistakes,
​ but
I feel much more closer to Heavenly Father. I feel like I have gradually made changes to become more like the "fourth missionary" but I feel like the past two transfers have been the turning point for me. It is so much easier to let go of our natural man instincts and just to conform into what the Lord wants us to be than to do the opposite. He is just waiting patiently to give us all these blessings, and once we do, it is life changing. If ONLY everyone could do that... If only they understood how easy it is. I am still learning and still trying to do that very thing, but I have never been happier. I look back to the day I started up until now and it is like night and day difference. I love who I am. I know my divine worth and my potential, and it is all because I am here on my mission. I would have never learned any of this if I was not here. Thank you
​ all ​
for helping me learn along the way! I have learned so much from you
​ guys​
!
​ 
I am especially grateful for a merciful Savior who picks us right back up again when we slip! Even when they are minor, they are still covered by His gracious Atonement. :)

So! Miracle story! :) WE FINALLY GOT TO SEE LESLIE! :D Yay!!! We stopped by last night so I could see her before I go, and she just looked like a whole new person! She had a light to her and she looks so happy! I was happy! :D We chatted with her about Stake Conference and about the General Womens broadcast. She wasn't able to watch it, but she plans on watching it in her own time! Anyways, she shared with us how Stake Conference was life changing and where she wants t be now in her life. It was so awesome! :) I loved spending time with her! :) Plus... SHE GAVE ME A HUGE TEDDY BEAR! :D I named him Collins, in honor of the Collins family. :)
​But seriously, I love her so much.  She taught me so many things, especially about enduring to the end.  She has so much faith, and I admire that so much about her.  She truly is an Angel!  Can't wait to come back and see her and everyone else here again! :)​
 






This has been a great transfer! I have learned so much! :)




Have a great rest of the week! :)

Con mucho amor,
Hna. Rachel Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment