Monday, January 12, 2015

Foliphobia! (The fear of leaves) ^.^ - Week 11

Hola Everyone!!!!
 
Wassup?! :) This week has been a great one! Not a lot has happened, but we have seen miracles! :) We FINALLY saw Ya-- for the second time again last Thursday! We taught her about the Book of Mormon and we read the introduction with her and even the beginning of the first chapter with her. She was so excited and she seemed so interested! :) We bore our testimonies of the Book of Mormon with her, and the Spirit was so strong. We asked how she felt about getting baptized, and she said she needed to know more, which we expected, so it is okay. But we have no doubt that she will get baptized! :) We are so excited! We are planning on HOPEFULLY seeing her today and teaching her the Plan of Salvation, and if not, we are re-teaching the lessons for Em--, her mom. :) YAY!
I had my second ZTM!!! Wooooo!!! It was wonderful! I loved the training we had! We made some wonderful goals together as a zone, and overall, I have no doubt that we will see miracles this upcoming month!  As a zone, we decided to do a music fast!  One of my best friends did that while on her mission, and I felt strongly prompted to share it with everyone else! (THANKS KYLIE! ;D) So as a zone, we are fasting from all forms of music for 2 weeks until our next meeting, to see if we saw any improvement. Just in the past week I have seen many tender mercies in our zone, and in the past week, our zone has confirmed possibly 3 new baptisms. Hopefully they will happen! But I know that sacrificing a little music will be so worth it. After all, it is only music. But I know that we will be blessed by it. If we feel like it is worth doing longer, we are planning on potentially doing it for a few transfers! :) :)

We got in contact with a less-active and her daughter, who is 8, wants to be baptized! So we are going over to her house later today and teaching her! Her name is Vi--. :) We are excited! Ja--, the less-active, her husband is not a member, so we are hoping that while we are there, we will be able to see an opportunity to teach him. :)
 
So. Funny story.  My companion and I were dong a window right next to the library, and we were just talking while we waited for people to walk by.  As we were talking, I saw that Hna. Roos had a little spider crawling on her head!  So I was really calm and said, "Oh! Hold still! You have a spider on your head!" and flicked it off with my pen.  The look on her face was PRICELESS.  She stopped breathing and had tear brimming, and started breathing pretty hard...  Hna. Roos is TERRIFIED of spiders, haha. :)  So we started talking about horrible experiences with Spiders!  I was in the process of telling her the story about Leslie George, when a spider randomly fell from the ceiling during seminary, and in her scriptures.  (It happened twice, haha! Love you Leslie!) Just as I finished telling her the story a HUGE yellow thing fell right in-between Hna. Roos and I, and we FLIPPED. .....Turns out it was only a leaf!  We started running around screaming and laughing and we just about had a fit.  Hna. Roos was bent over laughing so hard, she couldn't breathe!  It was sooooooo funny!  So, we now have foliphobia! :) I would say that that was the highlight of the week! :) haha :)
 
For the past 4 days, we have had a race between our roommates to see who can get home the soonest, so that we can scare them.  The first time was great, because we hid in their shower and scared Sister Smart really bad.  Then the next night they scared us by hiding in the closet by the front door.  The third night we got home and turned off all the lights and planned, then we planned on hiding in their room when they got to the apartment.  It was starting to get late and I still needed to take a shower, so I told Hna. Roos that when they got home, to tell me and I would turn the water off so they couldn't hear us!  5 minutes into my shower, Hna. Roos shuts the lights off and I turn the water off!  I stood there for 5 minutes until I hear a "RAAAAAAWR!" and a "AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" Coming from Sister Lafluer and Sister Smart.  Then Hna. Roos knocks on the door and says, "You can turn the water on now!"  And the sisters thought that was soooooo funny, haha. :)  But this is the best part!  So last night we got home at 9:12, and we were joking around that the sisters were going to be late, and we decided to take a break from the whole scarring thing, or else it would get really old.  We started planning, then got ready for bed, and we were going to call in numbers and I told Hna. Roos that I had to go to the bathroom first.  I walk in to the bathroom and turn the light on, and then the shower curtain practically explodes and Sister Smart and Sister Lafluer come screaming out of the shower!  I LOST IT.  These were my exact words: "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFLIP! FLIP! I FLIPPING HATE YOU GUYS! I HATE YOU!" (I don't hate them, don't worry!  But when you are in that kind of situation, things just fly out of your mouth without permission...)  And I fall on the ground whimpering like a baby and they are laughing soooooooo hard. My companion comes running in and just looks startled with her mouth wide open and says.... "Well. Okay."  But it was soooooo funny, and sooooo horrible at the same time.  I just love having roommates! haha :D
 
Love you guys! Hope you have a great week! :)
 
Con amore,
Hna. Rachel Duncan :)
 
Spanish of the Week:
Que paso?! (K-pas-o)
What happened?

No comments:

Post a Comment