Monday, February 23, 2015

MIRACLES! MIRACLES EVERYWHERE! :D (Week 17)

Hello everyone!!!


So this week was great! I loved Zone Conference this week!  It was so helpful, and I learned so much.  I especially loved Pres. Orgill's training, and I feel like it has been very helpful for me personally this past week.  I am trying to apply all of these things that I have learned into my everyday work, and it has been wonderful. :)  I loved President Lutz' training, about avoiding distractions.  There are a lot of times where I feel like I am being distracted, such as when we are in stores and a song I know is playing, or when my thoughts wander to my family and friends, and at those moments, I pray to have the Spirit of discernment with me and that those worldly thoughts go away.  And most of the time they do. :)  I always try to have a prayer in my heart to be able to hear with my Spiritual ears, and to see with my Spiritual eyes, and I have witnessed marvelous things. 


This week has been wonderful, mainly because.... WE HAVE 4 NEW INVESTIGATORS!!!! :D  Yay!  We picked up 4 incredible investigators, who are GOLDEN!!!!  The first one we picked up is Ch.., whom was a referral from Pa..., a member in our ward. We met with him and his sister, whom we were originally trying to pick up as well, and Pa..., Mi..., and An... were there for the lesson! (All whom are members!)  It was kind of weird at first, because there were a lot of people at there house, so we waited outside and just talked to the members until they were done.  Unfortunately, Pa...'s sister in-law, had lost her baby due to a miscarriage, and the reason why there were so many people there, was because they were doing a little prayer ritual for the baby.  It was very sad, and we have been praying for the family. When Ch... and Ja... came out (the referrals).  We began by first talking to them, and getting to know them better.  I knew right away that Ch... was super interested, and his sister was NOT.  She would randomly leave during the lesson, and she really wasn't paying attention.  But Ch... was asking questions left and right and he just was so interested, and I know he wants to learn more.  But sadly, before we got to the First Vision, his mom and sister came and started bashing and saying, "Where is it in the bible?  If it doesn't say it in the Bible, it's not true!"  And I actually know a scripture in the bible that does prophesy of Joseph Smith, but we didn't want to make it worse.  For a good 10 minutes we just sat there while the members and the mom and sister argued about everything.  The mom was trying to pull her son away, and we said, "Wait, can we end with a prayer and with our testimonies?"  And Hna. Roos bore her testimony of all the things Joseph Smith witnessed and done and of prayer, and it was so powerful.  We ended with a prayer, and they left.  But we got only half of their address, and they were suppose to meet with us again this past Wednesday, but they never came.  We have no way of finding them, and we are going to keep trying, but it is just so frustrating when things like this happen! :P


This week Em... got really sick and had to go to the Emergency Room!  We were really scared!  She had gone to the doctor and he told her that she needed to go to the ER right away, because they thought she had a Ovarian Cancer.  She called us and we went straight to the hospital and stayed with her for almost 6 hours since her husband was at work and her kids were at home.  Elder Ortiz and Elder Delcamp came and gave her a blessing, and I think it helped a lot.  She had an MRI, a CAT Scan and a culture done and they found nothing wrong, just some severe digestive problems.  She is taking some medicine, but she is still in a lot of pain, so please keep her in your prayers!


The other miracle was when we visited Ar...!  She is one of the other investigators we picked up this week!  We contacted her about 3 or 4 weeks ago on the street by her house, and she seemed really interested!  We called her and she was open with meeting us, and we scheduled to meet her on Friday.  We met her outside of her house and started talking with her and we started the lesson, and then these 2 kids walked up to us, and Ariana said, "I invited my friends to come, I hope that is okay?" .......OH COURSE IT'S OKAY! :D We went back a little and briefly taught them what we already went through, and continued with the lesson.  As we read the First Vision together, the Spirit was soooooo strong.  It was amazing! :)  We invited them to pray to know if what we had taught them was true, and invited them to wait after they prayed to just sit there and to let the Spirit testify.  After they sat for a while, they all opened their eyes, and they were just glowing! :)  We asked Ar... how she felt and she said, "I feel like someone gave me a huge warm hug!"  And I was thinking, "YES!  HEAVENLY FATHER GAVE YOU THAT HUG!" :) It was so wonderful.  The other two, Ir... and Er..., said they felt the same thing, and it was just so awesome! :)  We are visiting them this Friday, and we are hoping that we can invite them to church this Sunday!  We met Ar...'s mom, and she isn't all for this, but she said that if Ar... wants to visit with us, she can, but I know that when we invite her to be baptized, it's going to cause some probs.... SO PLEASE PRAY FOR THEM!!! :D


Love you guys mucho!
Love,
Hna. Rachel Duncan























No comments:

Post a Comment