Monday, March 9, 2015

Week One With My Companion and She is Trying to Kill Me.. :D ( Week 19)

Buenos Dias! :D

Como estan?!  I hope all is well for you guys! :)  How is life? What is happening?  :D

It is so weird that I have been almost been out for 4 1/2 months, but the weirdest thing of it all is the fact that practically 1/4 of my class is already engaged.  Way to go guys! haha :)  Congrats to all my classmates who just got their mission calls!  Sorry if I haven't personally emailed you, I would love to write all of you, but that is just kind of hard as a missionary.. haha :) But I'll figure something out! haha :)

This week has been great! :)  I got a new companion!  Her name is Hermana Bullough! :)  I love her so much!  She has helped me with so many things, and it is kind of a relief.  A lot has been going on lately, and it has been nice having her around! :)  We speak a lot of Spanish too, so that is nice! :)  


This week has been crazy!  We kind of had a change with transfers than what was expected, so we had a lot of work to do this week, and it was nice to be kept busy!  We did a lot of service this week too, and we have had a lot of opportunities to meet new people!  Plus, with Hna. Bullough, we are going to try to see formers that she had when she was in the area before! Well... We are going to TRY.  This week we have planned is CRAZY I think two days in a row we have 2 dinners planned with different people... So we may or may not be able to eat for a while afterwards!  But hey, Hna. Bullough said one time they had 4 dinners in one night, so if she was able to do it then, we can do it now! :) 
Amalia! (Emilia's daughter and Yasmin's sister)
Yasmin is making so much progress! We got to see her 3 times this week! So that is good! :) The first time we went to visit her we taught her about the commandments! We did the PB&J lesson, which was really fun. We asked her to be the "chef" and she was suppose to tell us how to make a PB&J sandwich, and we were pretending that we had no idea how to make one. She was very specific on how we were suppose to make the sandwich, and we did exactly what we were told, and it was really fun! Afterwards we explained all the commandments and how we should always follow him. I think she had an "Aha!" Moment, and she said, "I think we need to follow the commandments because he knows better than we do, and we don't see the whole picture." So she is finally getting it! :) We are super happy about it, and we are really excited! :) Hopefully she will be more open to being baptized! :)

Unfortunately...Ariana, Ernesto, and Iris dropped us. Their parents don't want us to confuse them, so they asked us to stop seeing them. We told Ariana that we respect her wishes and that we hope she remembers everything that she has learned. So hopefully she will run into some missionaries and want to be taught! :)

So, as I was saying earlier, we have been doing a lot of service this week!  And one day we were doing service for a lady, who is not a member. We were moving some stuff out of her storage unit and Elder Ortiz asked if I could hold onto their phone since I had pockets.  I said sure, and we got to work.  After we had loaded the truck and had left, I realized that I still had their phone in my pocket! :P  They were driving behind the lady and we were right behind them.  We had stopped at a stop light and Hna. Bullough then tells me, "Quick!  Go run out and give it to them!"  And I'm like... WHAAAAAT?! That is crazy! But I did it anyways, and ran out in the middle of oncoming traffic, and ran to their car, they opened the door and I threw it at them and ran back to the car.  

*DISCLAIMER*

There were no missionaries harmed in the process of this act.

So yeah.  This week has been great! :)  Hope it gets better! :)  Have a good week, and remember that I love you all so much! :) Talk to you next week! :) 

Con Amor,
Hna. Rachel Duncan






No comments:

Post a Comment