Tuesday, March 24, 2015

♪ Called to Serve Him, Heavenly King of Glory, Chosen E'er to... ♪ "...IS THAT DAVID ARCHULETA?!" (Week 21)

SUP! :D

How are you all doing?!  Hope all is well!  Well, this has been a PRETTY eventful week! :D  (None to say the least..)

Not much new happened this week! Still working with Yasmin and Maria! We haven't been able to teach Yasmin for almost 2 weeks! But a miracle did happen! :) Yasmin and Emilia came to the Temple/Choir thing on Wednesday! :) It was wonderful! Unfortunately, we didn't get to give them a Temple tour because Emilia was really sick and it was cold outside... But we hope we can give them one soon! :) 

Maria wants to get baptized! :) We taught her the first lesson and she says she wants to get baptized! We are so excited! She wants to get baptized in May, but hopefully as we teach her, she will want to move her date sooner! But I am sooooooo excited! :) She is so ready! :)

We got to go to the Temple with Janet (a member we visit) for the first time! It was so beautiful! She was so nervous and so excited! We stood in front of the doors for a good 30 seconds and just let her soak it all in, and then opened the doors. The look in her eyes was priceless! I could tell that she was overwhelmed with the Spirit, because she had tears in her eyes. :) But she loved it! I LOVED IT! :) Hna. Bullough, Hna. Roos, Janet and I all got to do baptisms. It has been awhile since I have done baptisms! It was really fun! :) I was sitting by her before we did baptisms and asked her what she was thinking. She said, "I think I want to come here every week! And I think I want to come here sooner with Jorge! (Her husband)" They are both preparing to get sealed! They just have to set an appointment and get their work done! So I am really excited! I love her so much! She is one of my best friends here! :)

So if you have not heard yet about this... Here you go!

So yesterday we had a mission wide training for the new Easter inititive!  It was awesome!  I am SO excited for what is in store!  The video is really cool too! :)  It comes out this Saturday, so make sure you watch it, and SHARE, SHARE, SHARE!!! :)  Anyways, so after the training, President Orgill asked us to "stretch" and stand up and we started singing "Called to Serve".  Before I go on, I should mention that Sister Orgill told us we HAD to sit in the front pew or else "We were going to regret it."  At the beginning of the meeting, I was really confused... Haha :)  But anyways, we start singing and Sister Orgill comes with someone to the stand and it is...

DAVID. FLIPPING. ARCHULETA.

DAVID ARCHULETA.
David Archuleta was literally 5 feet away from me.

Did I mention that I saw David Archuleta?  In the flesh?

Yeah.

Cool Right?



:D

Anyways!  So yeah!  I got to meet David Archuleta!!!!!! :D  Woah!  It was so cool!  And yes, he did sing. ^_^  He is indeed, an Angel.  HE EVEN SANG IN SPANISH!!!!!! :D  AND I UNDERSTOOD IT!!!!! :'D  It was so awesome!  He even talked to me! :)  (Kind of?)  He was helping take care of chairs after we took some pictures and someone was trying to take a picture with him, and he had chairs in his hands, and he was like, "Uhh..."  So I was like, "I GOT IT! :D"  And he said, "Oh, thank you Hermana.... Duncan?.."  :D HE KNOWS MY NAME! hahahaaha ;D

It was awesome!  :)

This week has been really good! :)

Hope you guys are doing great!  Thanks for the support and love!  You are all so amazing! :)  

Te quiero! <3
Hna. Rachel Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment