Monday, March 30, 2015

I'M GETTING SO OLD!!!! :P (Mission Age, That Is..) (Week 22/ Month 5!)

Hey guys!  How are you all doing? :)

Hope all is going great! :)

This week has been good and very productive.  I had a lot of exchanges, but I loved it!  I went on exchanges with Sister Rolfson twice this week and an exchange with Sister Nicholson.  Both sisters are so precious and have such sweet spirits!  I had wonderful experiences with them!  Sister Rolfson has such a strong testimony, and she has such a beautiful Spirit!  :)  We were teaching Margarita, whom is a new investigator, and during our lesson, she was wonderful help!  Even though the lesson was in Spanish, she was wonderful help, and I was able to translate a bit for her.  Sister Nicholson and I got to give four Temple tours on Thursday together, and they were wonderful!  She is a beautiful teacher, and her testimony is radiant!  I had a lot of fun with her. :)

Guess what?! WE HAVE A BAPTISM DATE!!!! :D  MY FIRST ONE! :D  Margarita, whom we picked up as an Investigator this week, wants to be baptized! :)  She has a baptismal date for May 2nd!  And we are so excited! :)  We went and visited on Wednesday, which was kind of a last minute decision, and showed her the new #GraciasAQueElVive video (You should watch it in Spanish!  It is the best one! ;D)  She loved it!  She felt the Spirit!  She has such a strong testimony that God loves her, and Christ lives, so it was a wonderful experience!  On Saturday evening, after watching the Womens Broadcast, Hna. Bello (a member) invited us to come over and teach Margarita!  Sister Rolfson was with me, so I was the one who pretty much taught the lesson.  (Thank goodness my Spanish is AWESOME! :D) The Spirit was so strong and so powerful, and Margarita was so open to our message.  I wasn't planning on inviting her to be baptized, because I was just not sure if it was the right time.  But after she prayed to know if what we taught was true, and she said yes, I felt the Spirit confirm to me that I needed to invite her.  And she said yes! :D  I am just so excited, and I am so happy for her!  So please pray for her! :)

Womens Conference was wonderful!  The Spirit was so strong, and I learned so much!  The family truly is so important.  In the world today, the Family truly is under attack.  And my family means everything to me! (Shout out to mi Familia! Te quiero!)  We really need to stand our ground and defend what we hold so dear to our hearts.  I know that it will only get worse, and our time is running out!  We must prepare our families for the worst, and we must be strong.  During the conference, I wrote a list of things that I want to apply once I have my own family, and I have made a promise that I will make sure these things will be put into practice always in my family.  So I would encourage each of you to make a list of things that you are currently doing, or wishing to do with your family, to ensure that your family is strong for what comes instore!  (EXAMPLE: Reading scriptures daily, praying daily, FHE, and attending church weekly, etc.)  So that is my invitation for all of you!  So.. Do it. :)
If you didn't get the chance to watch it, WATCH IT!  If you can't watch it.. LISTEN TO IT! :P  :)  I promise that what was shared will touch your heart!  Also, share the new #BecauseHeLives video!  It is so awesome!  I LITERALLY watch it 5 or 6 times a day! It is THAT good! :)

Thank you so much for everything!  I love you guys! :)

#GraciasAQueElVive (Espanol): http://www.mormon.org/spa/pascua (This one is the best! ;))


Con Amore,
Hna. Rachel Duncan

Spanish of The Week:
Que chistoso!:
(K-Chee-stow-so)
How funny! or That is so funny!

So excited for #genconf! :D






















No comments:

Post a Comment