Monday, March 16, 2015

It is March.. And it is 100 Degrees Outside... :P *Whimper* (Week 20)

Hola everyone! How are you? :)  I hope you are all doing great!

It is so freaking hot.
Ugh.

This week has been so wonderful!  I feel like Hna. Bullough and I are working so well together, and I just love her to pieces!  I have learned so much from her, and I continue to do so every day!  right now our goal for this week is to be obedient to time.  We have always been trying to do so, but that is our goal for this week!  :)

We have a new investigator! :)  Her name is Maria!  She is sooooo sweet!  And we only met her yesterday... AT CHURCH!  her story is pretty cool! :)  She came with Hna. Maquina, the RS Pres., because I guess they work together! Anyways, Maria awhile ago was visiting a friend at a hospital, (whom is a member) and the missionaries came over every day to visit her.  While she was there, the missionaries would teach lessons, and after having only listened to them once, she knew that it was true and she wanted to learn more.  Hna. Marquina introduced her to us, and we stayed with her for most of the day. :)  Luckily, it was our conferencia del Barrio! (ward conference) and almost every talk given was about important covenants that we make!  Like.... BAPTISM! :D Yay! :)  The best part of it all was that there was an actual baptism right after church!  She was sooo excited and she wanted to come so bad! :)  It was wonderful!  The whole time we were at the baptism, all she could say was, "QUE LINDO!" (Thats like saying cute or beautiful)  After the baptism Hna. Marquina asked us if we could have the Elders give her a blessing because she has knee problems, and she was so excited.  After she received the blessing the only thing she could say was, "Tengo calor! Que es eso?"  We explained to her that it was the Holy Ghost, and she was brimming with joy that she was about in tears!  She was on Cloud 9! :) After the baptismal service we introduced her to Sister Shelly, a sister that works in the Mission Office, and she was talking about how she was so excited to be baptized and that she wanted to go to the Salt Lake Temple as soon as she could!  At this point I was just dying inside because I couldn't believe my ears!  I had only met this women only a few hours before, and she was already inviting people to her baptism!  She is 100% GOLDEN!!!  She told us that she wants to get baptized as soon as she could, but all we have to do is teach her!  So we are planning on meeting with her on Tuesday!  We are so excited, and we are so grateful for this tender mercy that we have received!  I am so excited for Maria!  Please keep her in your prayers!  Her spirit is so strong and so amazing! :)

A recent convert went through the Temple for the first time this week!  It was wonderful to see her there!  I could tell she was really scared and nervous, but I know she felt the Spirit!  She really enjoyed it!  Hopefully we will be able to go with Emilia some time soon!  We are really hoping she will be able to go! I know that she wants to! :)

Yasmin is still making slow progress, but she is getting there!  She hasn't gone to church for almost 2 months... And it makes me sad!  But we are not giving up hope!  We know that she is progressing, and that is all that matters!  She is more open to praying and she has been very accepting to everything we teach her.  The only thing she truly struggles is knowing that God answers prayers and that he loves her.  That is a normal thing for investigators, but as a member for my whole life, I just want to grab her and shake her and just say, "GOD LOVES YOU! JUST ACCEPT IT! BELIEVE WHAT WE TELL YOU!!! AHHHHH!!!!"..... But that is not very appropriate now is it? Haha :)  And really what we tell her really determines nothing.  We can tell her as much as we wanted to, but she is the one to determine what she believes and what she accepts!  That is why we have agency!  And as a missionary I am learning about agency every single day.  I have a very strong testimony of agency, and I continue to grow because of it!  And I hope that you all do to! :)  

I am so excited for General Conference this next few weeks!  I am just really excited because all our 'gators and Recent Converts will be there!  It is so exciting! :)  I love General Conference!  Not only because you get to listen to the Prophet and the Apostles, but you get to hear The Lord speak to us through them.  It is completely different when you think of it that way, right? :)  

I love you guys!  Hope you are all doing great! :)

Adios! :D
Hna. Rachel Duncan

SPANISH OF THE WEEK!: (Sorry I have been forgetting lately... :P)
Dia Feliz San Patricio! (Dee-uh-Fell-ez-san-pat-ree-c-oh)
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

P.S:  Congrats to Julie and Sarah!  So happy for both of you!  I wish you both the best!  I wish I could have been there to wish you congrats on your wedding days!  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment