Monday, August 3, 2015

*Knock Knock* Whose there? ....NO ONE. (Week 36)

Hola Todos! :)

This week has been a very slow week.  Probably one of the hardest weeks of my mission... We had 5 lessons this week, and they were all active member lessons, except one, which was a member present.  On the plus side, we picked up a new investigator!  Her name is Charlie, and she is 15.  She has been kind of investigating the church for a few months, and she wants to be baptized so bad! She is so cool!  The only problem is her parents won't let her. :(  She hasn't taken the discussion at all, but she is aloud to go to church and to activities, and that is about it. BUT. we are now teaching Preach My Gospel classes to the Young Women and she wants to come, and so we will be teaching her informally the lessons... (We are GENIUSES!) and so we are excited about that.  She is totally ready, and she says that the church and the way we live makes perfect sense, and so I'm super excited. :)  We really hope to be able to meet her parents... If they will allow us to, that is. :P

But other than that, we have been knocking on doors and no one is home.  Even when we are TRACTING.  Everyone is on vacations before school starts, and it has been really discouraging. :(  But it will kick up once school starts!.... I hope. :P
We are super duper excited for this next transfer!  :D  (Well, I am, I hope I get to stay because of this very reason.. Among others...)  But D. Todd Christopherson is coming to our stake conference! EEEEEEEEEEEK! Yay!  I am so excited!  I really hope that I can stay to see him. :)  But anyways, we are super excited about this because two of our potential investigators are coming!  The Hinkles, (whom are great friends to a lot of the members) aren't official investigators yet, only because we haven't been able to catch them and teach them.  But their daughter and Mrs. Hinkle's mom are recent converts. :)  They have gone to the General Conference this past April and are planning on going this October!  But they are super awesome and super nice. :)  They are really open to talking to us, and they have never been taught, so we are really looking forward to officially teaching them... Whenever that happens, haha. :)
Irma and Jim have been cancelling on us and haven't answered us whenever we try to get ahold of them.  But it is okay.  Irma's mom is not doing well right now, and they are currently taking care of her. So we are hoping that this next week (Because they told us yesterday we couldn't meet this week...) that we will be able to catch them. :) 

Yesterday all the Hermanas and I got to sing at the Temple Music Night. :)  There were a lot of people there!  And lots of my favorite people from MV5!!!! I was so happy!  But anyways, we sang the song My Lord, My Redeemer in Spanish. :)  It turned out great! :)

Whelp.  Hope you guys are doing great, and have a wonderful week!

PS:  Pray for Zariah Tolman!  She is from my home ward.  She got in a really bad accident this past week, but luckily she is okay!  She is in lots of pain and as a lot of problems going on right now, but please pray for her and her family! Thank You! :)





















Con mucho amor,
Hna. Rachel Duncan

Spanish of the Week:
Fue naci por eso!
(F-way-nah-see-por-s-o)
I was born for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment