Monday, October 26, 2015

JUST CALL ME JOB! :P (Week 48/the worst week of my whole life...)

Well... This week was... fun... Kind of..

So, if you have not heard... I got really sick this week...
It started on Monday night, I had this horrible throbbing pain in my upper abdomen, right below my right rib.  It happened just before I went to bed, and I didn't sleep at all because of the pain, despite the pain relievers I took. 
Woke up the next morning, I wasn't feeling any better, and I went down to the Gym with my companion and just laid on the floor while she worked out.  I went to go lay down for a little bit, hoping sleep might make it a little better... Woke up at around 9 AM and still was in pain.  Finally, I called one of the mission nurses and she recommended that I go to an Urgent Care.  We went to an urgent care, they took my blood and I did a urine test, and they scheduled to get an ultrasound done to check out my gallbladder for potential gallstones.  Fun. 
Next morning, did the ultrasound.  They didn't say a word to me regarding the ultrasound, and told me I would find out IN A COUPLE OF DAYS.. I had a follow-up appointment at the same Urgent care that I needed to go to, I unfortunately missed district meeting.. :(  So, went to the Dr. and they encouraged me to go to the ER because of the pain that I was in, and to top it all off, I was really sick to my stomach.  I didn't go to the ER though, because I didn't feel it was necessary... Not yet anyways...

So... this morning, I felt like I got hit by a truck.  Decided I needed to go to the ER, and went to the closest one in Laguna Hills.  We got there around 10:45ish and I didn't get admitted in until  2 or 3 PM... They hooked me up to an IV and gave me Morphine (YESSSSSSSSS!)  and pumped in a bunch of other stuff so I didn't get nauseas.  Got another Ultrasound down, blood was taken, another urine sample, and they even did a CAT Scan.  I was there for soooooo long.  My poor companion was with me and because she was stressed, she had not eaten at all that day.  I was STARVING and I couldn't eat until they got the results back.  Finally, by around 5:30 PM they came and told me that everything looked fine according to the tests... EXPECT... my urine sample.  Turns out I have a bladder infection that got up into my kidneys!  Which explains the pain! :P  YAY.   I was relieved though because I was worried they would have to take my gallbladder out of something, then I would have to go home. :P  But... THANKS TO LOTS OF PRAYERS.. I DON'T HAVE TO! :D  So thank you everyone for praying for me.  I really appreciate it.  Anyways, they had to run another thing through the IV that cleared up the infection and that took another hour and a half to do that.  Finally got out of the Er around... Eh... 7:30 PM.  :P  I WAS SO TIRED.  I could barely keep up straight because I was so weak and I had not eaten anything... A set of sisters came to pick us up and they called us saying they were outside, so we walk outside and they are not there.  Turns out... THEY WENT TO THE WRONG HOSPITAL.  So we had to wait 15 more minutes for them to get to the one that we were at... We got in the car and I was literally about to throw up.  I was shaking and breathing so hard and I was praying so hard to PLEASE not let me throw up, haha.  We had to go to Mission Viejo to drop off a set of sisters that were with us, and THEN we headed to our apartment.  By the time we got there, it was arund 8:30ish.  I got out of the car, tears streaming down my face, ready to throw up any second.  I didn't have to keys like I usually do, and the door was locked, so I just stood and leaned over the railing near our door while I waited for my companion and Sister Flora to come.  They get to the door and Sister Smith tries unlocking the door.  She turns the handle and then I hear a



I fell to the floor, and started sobbing.  I had it.  I was so done.  I was ready to throw the towel in.  I just curled up in a ball and sobbed in pain and in pity for myself.  More sisters came while my companion and Sister Flora called maintenance to get the door open.  Sister LaFluer came and sat down with me and rubbed my back and called the ZLs to see if they could come and give me a blessing.  I had to go to the pharmacy to get some meds that were prescribed for me and I needed them NOW.  So I sent some sisters to go get them while we waited, and then Sister Hall stayed with me (Bless her heart!) and we waited until maintenance came.  About 10 minutes later, they came and got the door opened.  I just fell on the couch and just laid there.  I was too exhausted to cry any longer, haha.  Eventually my roommates came home and after telling them what happened, I could actually laugh about it.  Around 9 PM someone knocked on the door and it was the Zone Leaders (Elders Dodge and Medina and their district leader Elder Norton).  Elder Norton did the anointing and Elder Medina gave me the blessing.  I honestly can't remember what he said.  All that I can remember was that he said I would be blessed with comfort and peace and that I would get feeling better very soon.  I did feel that peace immediately, and I was SO grateful.  After giving me the blessing, the ZLs asked me if I needed anything and I said, "I need some FRENCH FRIES."  (If anyone really knows me, they know I love French fries..)  I was only kidding... But about 10 minutes after they left, they came back... WITH FRENCH FRIES. :'D I wanted to give them all a hug so bad, haha.  The sisters came and gave me my medicine and... they got Cookie Dough ice cream for me!!! :')  I am so loved.

I got some pretty strong meds, haha. 

So the next few days following I just have been staying home trying to get better.. I really haven't been feeling any better.  The pain in my gallbladder area is gone, but now my tummy hurts. :(  Oh well.  I am just wanting to go back to work! :P

So... Yeah.. The moral of the story is.. Don't get sick. 

I really hope you all have a wonderful week!  Thank you all so much for your prayers and for checking up on me!  You are all the best!

I love you all! Please keep me in your prayers! PLEASE!!!

Con Mucho Amor!
Hermana Rachel Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment