Tuesday, November 4, 2014

I LOVE BEIGN A MISSIONARY!!!

Hola everyone!!!  How is everyone? Im doing so good! I LOVE BEIGN A  MISSIONARY!!!! :D  By the way, this keyboard is totally messed up, so  I apologize for any errors!  Anyways!  Mi compañera is Hermana Brown,  she is from California/Utah and she is going to San Diego!  SHE IS SO  AMAZING!  SHE MAKES ME LAUGH ALL THE TIME! My other roommates are Hermana Redford and Hermana Nelson.  We are like all one cute happy family!  Our district is all four of us including another set of sisters and two sets of elders.  We get along so well!  Its so nice! :)
Hermana Brown and Hermana Duncan
So!  On to the good stuff!  The day after we got were we were just thrown into the language, nothing was in English, and we had A LOT of work to do!  But I have loved it so much!  We had to "teach" an investigator named Jorge, who supposedly is a REAL investigator that just volunteers for the lessons, but we are pretty sure he is a member!  But anyways!  The first lesson went good, it is all is
Spanish, but we are aloud to cheat a bit because we dont know what the heck we are doing.  I have been able to understand very well, but speaking is a whole other thing for me!  And it makes me so sad!  But it will take time!  I have faith in the Lord that all will go well! But! a funny story!  Mi compeñera was reciting the first vision to Jorge, and at the end where it says, "This is my beloved son, hear him!"  she pronounced hijo (son) ojo, which is really eye, so it came out, "This is my beloved eye, HEAR HIM!"  And Jorge just was really confused and pointed to his eye, and was like, "Eye?"  and we all just died of laughter!! Haha :)  It was so great!  We have so many stories about things that have happened, but I will have to tell you about them later!

Yesterday was really hard for me though, we were teaching Jorge, and I wanted to have an actual conversation with him without cheating, and I just couldn't do it.  We were talking about faith and
we had him read 1 Nephi 3:7, and he asked me, "How can I have more faith?  How can I have faith like Nephi?"  And I was so excited, I was like, yes! THIS IS AWESOME! and I had so much I wanted to say, but there is so little that I know!  And it took me a good 5 minutes just to say one sentence.  I just broke down in the middle of the lesson and started crying!  I was so frustrated with myself!  But mi compañera was so supportive and so helpful, and Jorge was very understanding, other than that, everything is going well!  I just need to be able to speak the language! I am glad I at least know that they are saying! :)

The spirit is so strong here.  I love it so much!  And the people here are so amazing!  Our teachers and the workers here are so patient with us, and I just love the people here!  I have never met such patient people in my whole life! :)  I am so excited to serve!  I know that we can do hard things! :)

Since it was fast and testimony meeting this past Sunday, I bore my testimony during sacrament
meeting, and everyone told me it was very inspiring and they told me I have an unique spirit, which was very awesome!  I don't know what I have done to deserve it, but I will take the compliment! ;)  I am sorry this is so short, but I do not have much time left!  I am going to write everyone letters after this with more stuff!  I LOOOOOOOOOVE YOU GUYS!!!!! Thanks for everying!  I miss you all so much! :)

Con amore, Hermana Duncan

P.S: THE FOOD HERE IS AMAAAAAAAZING!!!! I could eat it all day! (Oh wait! I do!!!!) ;D

She looks so HAPPY!

Classroom

Her District


No comments:

Post a Comment