Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Para Siempre Dios Esta Con Vos! :) Week 5 *Last week in the MTC*

HoLa EvErYoNe!!!!!!! :)

WASSS UP?! I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! :) Thanksgiving was great! :)  It was very special, because we got TURKEY!!!! I miss American food so much! And it was just sooooo nice to eat something that I actually recognized for once! (Seriously, the food here sometimes scares me. Mystery meat Monday!) haha :) They even had table cloths put out and played music while we ate, and I just was so in love! haha :)









We got to listen to a LIVE devotional given by Bednard (YESSSSSSSS!!!!) AND IT WAS AWESOME!!!! He didn't give an actual talk, it was more of a question and answer thing, and it was so cool! Everyone from all the MTCs got to participate! It was awesome! My favorite thing he said was, "Does the trial of faith accure daily only to be strengthened?" yep! :) It happens!  Someone asked him the question about how he gained a testimony of the Book of Mormon and he answered it in the coolest way! He disappeared for a few minutes and to get a piece of paper, and it was a copy of Joseph Smith's first personal journal entry.  He read it out loud and talked about how Joseph has little education and couldn't write or read for the life of him.  And then he compared it to the Book of Mormon, and we all know the Book of Mormon is super powerful and its words are LITERALLY not of this world. And then we went on about how there is just not possible way Joseph Smith could write the Book of Mormon just to trick people.  And there really is no possible way! It just is not real! So it was just another testimony builder for me about the Book of Mormon, it was really cool! :)  Two days before we had ANOTHER live devotional by Dallin H. Oaks (YES YES YES!!!) and it was AWWWWWWESOME! I love that man.  I just love all of them.  But I will always have something special for Holland, haha. :) Anyways! He talked about some great stuff! My favorite thing he said was, "Do something for men and women that is a small but kind and a brave thing that the Savior would do." Amen to that!!! I just love all that the prophet and the apostles have to say! These men are certainly called of God! GOTTA LOVE THEM!

This week has been great, but it has been really hard.  We have been trying to speaking only Spanish, and at times it is so frustrating.  But I think that my Spanish has really improved, I feel like I don't even struggle that much! I can pretty much talk to anyone, but at times I will be in the middle of a sentence and be like, "Wait, como se díce blah blah blah." and usually I can work my way around when speaking, but it is going well! I am not perfect, but it is sufficient! :) I feel like I am prepared for the mission field! :)

Things with Alejandro and Miguel are going great! :)  Alejandro is getting "baptized" this Saturday and tomorrow is our last lesson with him!  We taught Miguel the last time and he FINALLY committed to Baptism! He is getting "baptized" January 15th! Woooo! haha :) Yay! :)  So proud of them! :)

Well! I have been saving to do this for the last week, and I am just so excited to share this with all of you!  But I have been wanting to bare my testimony to all of you, and if I mess up, I'm sorry! But I have a testimony of Spanish now, and every day that I have been here has strengthened that! :) So here you go! :)

Yo sé que La Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Últimos Días es verdadera ! Sé que Jesucristo es muy cariñoso, y Su ama es para todos las personas! Yo sé que nosotros somos muy bendecido ! Yo sé que La Expiación es muy importante, y es parte del plan de Dios . Yo sé que Jesucristo murió por todos los hombres, y no fue fácil. Yo sé que El Libro De Mormón es de palabra de Dios. Yo sé que nosotros tenemos un viviendo profeta, Tomás S. Monsón.  Yo sé que José Smith es un profeta, tambien.  Estoy muy agradecido por todas las bendiciones en mi vida! Estoy muy agradecido por mi familia, y my mejor amigos,y especialmente mi Eterno Padre.  Estoy muy feliz, y yo sé que es porque a Dios y Jesucristo! 

I know that my Redeemer lives, and He loves us all so much! I love you all so much too! Have a great week everyone!!!!! LOVE YOU ALLLL!!!!  :)

Spanish of the Week: 
Estoy muy cansado! (Es/toy moy cone/saw/doe(
I'm so tired!

LOVE YOU ALL SOOOO MUCH! 

Con amore, 
Hermana Duncan






Random dude with a machete and cutting up the tree in front of our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment