Monday, April 6, 2015

85,147 Missionaries --- AND I'M ONE OF THEM!!!!! :D (Week 23)

Hola Hola! :)

Como estan?!  Hey guys! :)

Can you believe that there are 85,147 missionaries? AND I'M ONE OF THEM!  WOW!  But guess what!  There are now 15,372,337 members! And you are one of them too!  So really, there are 15,372,337 missionaries!  Every member is a missionary! :) 

I LOVED GENERAL CONFERENCE SOOOOO MUCH!  I loved every single talk!  I don't even know where to begin!  Every single talk had such a significant impact for me!  And the cool thing is that I have such a desire to put all these great attributes into my life, especially as a missionary! :)  I will point out some different talks that I really loved:

Linda K. Burton:  LOVED THIS ONE!  I loved how she put such a great emphasis on the importance of priesthood for fathers and husbands.  In my notes I wrote: "I want to marry a man who loves me like the prophets and apostles love their wives."  and below it, I wrote, "I want to marry a man who loves me like my dad loves my mom."  The thought of this as I wrote this down, brought tears to my eyes, because my father is so special to me, and I love him so much.  He is my best friend, and I hope that whomever I am to marry, he will be just like him. :)

President Henry B. Eyring:  I have never paid a fast offering before my mission.  Is it sad to say that I had really no knowledge  of this until I came out on my mission?  Hey!  You learn a lot while you are a missionary!  haha :)  But I love this talk so much, because it truly is important that we help others.  And it is a promise by an apostle of the Lord, that we can recieve eternal blessings from the Lord, if we contribute a little to fast offerings.  I have seen the blessings of it since I have been out on my mission, and I want to continue to do so for the rest of my life!

President Thomas S. Monson:  I always love hearing his talks, and they are ALWAYS about the importance of going to the Temple.  There are always promised blessings when we are in full attendance to the Lord, especially in His House.  I am so grateful that my family and I are sealed for all time and eternity, and I will not lower my standards to NOT be married in His Sacred Temples.  I will always have my eyes on the Temple, and there I will feel peace! 

Jefferey R. Holland:  NEED I SAY MORE?  Okay yes, I can, haha :)  I loved this talk so much.  It penetrated my heart so deeply.  I always feel so moved by his words!  Yes, Christ will always be there to lift me up, and you as well.  Even if it is with scarred palms and wrists, I wouldn't want anyone else to hold me up when I am on the edge of falling to Spiritual death.  

President Dieter F. Uchdorft:  The gates and windows of heaven, are TRULY and PERMANENTLY open.  They will never close.  And it is all because of our loving Savior.  As well as having the Restored Gospel on the Earth.  I am so grateful that we can be enriched by the blessings of eternal and sufficient grace, and that the Atonement is for EVERYONE.  We are all imperfect people.  But the least we can do, is try to step in the footsteps of our loving Savior and Redeemer. :)

There are so many other talks that I really enjoyed, but because of the lack of time, I will only share these few thoughts. :)  But I hope that you loved it as much as I did! :)

I have been really excited/nervous/scared/impatient about transfers!  I just want to know already!!!!!  There is a 50/50 chance of me staying in Mission Viejo, or going to San Clemente... (Duh.  Those are the only two options... :P)  I would really love to stay here!  I feel confident about myself and the work here, but who knows!  Maybe I am suppose to go to San Clemente!  I get emotional every time I think about it, but it is not my choice, it is the Lord's!  And I will do what I need to do.  I am not here to serve MY mission, I am serving HIS mission. :)

This week has been a very good week!  We only had a few lessons this week, but I am so grateful that we could teach the people we taught.  Margarita is doing great, as well as Yasmin and Maria!  We are still working with them, and hopefully we will be able to see more progress with them! :)

Hope you guys have a great week! :)  Love you all so much! :)

con Amor,
Hna. Rachel Duncan 

No comments:

Post a Comment